Whether you are the landlord of a commercial property, apartment complex or retail space or you have become an ‘accidental landlord’ by renting out your home or office to make ends meet, there are a number of insurance policies available to help protect you and your assets.
At AMR Insurance, we specialize in helping landlords like you get the coverage you need at an affordable price.
What can Landlord Insurance cover?
- Residential rental property; single-family, duplex, triplex and quad
- Multiple properties
- Other structures on the property such as sheds, garages, etc.
- Vacation rental homes
- Short-term rentals (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Items on the premises you own such as microwaves, washers and dryers being used by your tenants, even tools you keep handy for repairs
Customize Your Policy
Owning an investment property presents specific insurance issues unique to your situation. Recognizing that, we offer landlord policies that can be tailored to your needs. Landlord Insurance coverage options available to you include:
- Liability: If a claim is made against you for accidental damage in relation to your investment property, AMR Insurance will defend those claims, and pay those claims for which you are legally responsible, up to your policy limits.
- Fair Rental Value Coverage: If your property is deemed unlivable due to a covered loss, we'll reimburse you for the income you'll lose because your tenants will no longer be paying you rent.
- Inflation Protection: The cost of making repairs is increasing every day. With Inflation Protection Coverage, we will automatically adjust your policy limits to keep pace with inflation - and you will receive a discount on your policy premium.
- Personal Injury Protection: If a claim is made against you for injuries arising out of libel, slander, invasion of privacy, wrongful eviction or wrongful entry.
- Lock replacement
Landlords qualify for discounts, too. AMR Insurance offers a variety of discounts on your Landlord Insurance policy to keep costs affordable.
- Multi-policy: For when you insure both your property and car with us.
- Early Shopper: If your current insurance policy doesn't expire for a while, you could qualify for an early shopper discount.
- New/Renovated Home: Get a discount if your rental property is less than 10 years old or was recently renovated
Additional Landlord Benefits
As a responsible landlord, you deserve more than just basic insurance coverage; that's why AMR Insurance provides additional benefits so that you can focus on your business. We offer the following benefits:
- Emergency Repair Service
- 24-Hour Claims Assistance
- Contractor Network Referral
- Manage Your Policy Online
- Convenient Payment Options
- Go paperless for bills and documents
If you are renting out your home, it is important to know that our homeowners insurance may not provide you the coverage you need. Contact us today to see what insurance policy best protects you and your tenants. After all, a happy tenant is a paying tenant.